Travelling to İstanbul
The most appropriate way to reach İstanbul is by air for participants who will be able to attend from directions mentioned below.
Turkish Airlines is the flag carrier of Turkey, organizes expeditions to 38 domestic and 125 international points with 39 domestic and 127 international airports, totally 166 airports. In all these points, there are sales / station units, agencies and general sales agencies to serve passengers.
More than 3.000 costumers per month reach Turkish Airlines’ website via the Star Alliance website, bringing them the benefits of Turkish Airlines’ online opportunities.
İstanbul has two international airports, Ataturk International Airport (the main airport- the European Side) and Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (Asian Side).
- 650 – 700 aircraft are handled every day
- Approximately 70.000 passengers are served daily
- In peak periods, these ﬁgures rise to 95.000 -100.000 passengers and 900-950 arrivals and departures daily.
- Avoiding the necessity to check-in baggage separately for transfers and is capable of handling 15.000 pieces an hour automatically.
- Two golf cars are currently in service between the Domestic and International Terminals for passenger transfers. The elderly and disabled take priority.
- Located on the Anatolian shore of İstanbul at Pendik / Kurtkoy.
- At a distance of 40 km to Kadikoy.
- 12 km to Pendik and 50 km to Taksim.
- It has a really convenient traffic in terms of transportation with its 1.5 km connection to the TEM motorway.